The Dow Jones Industrial Average, as quoted by Foxbusiness.com, rose 23.7 points, or 0.18%, to 13228, the S&P 500 gained 3.4 points, or 0.24%, to 1403 and the Nasdaq Composite climbed 18.6 points, or 0.61%, to 3069. For the week, the Nasdaq jumped 2.3%, the the S&P 500 tacked on 1.8% and the Dow added 1.5%. Indeed, it was the best week for the Nasdaq since early February. The telecom sector performed the best overall, followed consumer discretionary and information technology shares.
Technically, the JCI today may move in mixed with uptrend possibility within the range of 4,150-4,193. Several stocks for day trading: RALS, MAPI, ISAT, and ASRI.
Today, the JCI may move within the range of 4,130-4,201. On Friday last week, the JCI fell 16 points to 4,163.98.
- Coal miner PT Adaro Energy Tbk (ADRO) will pay US$78 million installment this year. "We are committed to pay debt installments on schedule," said Finance Director David Tendian.
- Property developer PT Metropolitan Land Tbk (MTLA) has provided Rp200 billion to acquire land of 200 hectares-300 hectares in Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, and Bekasi. "We are scouting several locations. We will inform when we reach agreement," said President Director Nanda Wijaya.
- The state-controlled pharmaceutical company PT Indofarma Tbk (INAF) is reported to have awkward numbers. According to the financial statement last year, the spread between assets and liabilities of Rp203.29 billion surpassed the accumulated loss of quasi reorganization held in September last year worth Rp57.66 billion. Hence, Indofarma's net profit should be taxation object of 10% or Rp20.3 billion. In fact, Indofarma has not declared the taxation object.
- Retailer PT Hero Supermarket Tbk (HERO) posted Rp2.33 trillion revenue in the first 3 months of this year, a 20.15% increase from the same period last year of Rp1.94 trillion.
- Auto distributor and assembler PT Indomobil Sukses Internasional Tbk (IMAS), that is controlled by Salim family, plans to boost its capital expenditure this year to Rp800 billion-Rp1 trillion from Rp599 billion last year.
Disclosure: No position at the stock mentioned above.
Print This Article